Monday, May 5, 2008

MPW Aftermath

Hi Townies, I hope you all had fab weekends. I myself have been suffering through a terrible cold/ sickness. This morning is the worst so far. I slept about 3 hours last night in between coughing, sniffling, and aching. I usually don't take any medication before I sleep because 9 out of 10 times it keeps me awake. But at about 2 am last night I had had enough and I downed some Alka Seltzer Cold Plus. It actually helped and I eventually caught some zzzzs. This morning I sucked it up, and took some Sudafed before work. Anyway, hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

My weekend was pretty nice regardless. Friday was the MPW show. Here are some pictures taken by my good friend Babs. She's a wiz with the camera. It was so nice that she and her hubs Greg came out for the show. We also saw a ton of other familiar faces: family, friends, coworkers, etc. It was overall a nice night. Beeps had the same cold I have now so he was struggling a bit with the vocals. But overall, everything went swimmingly.



Saturday I headed over to The Whip Tavern with Smoochies and Cory & Jenny to watch the Kentucky Derby. I was feeling pretty sick but powered through it with some Carlsburgs, rarebit and fish & chips. mmmmm. Too bad about that horse Eight Bells. What is the deal with all the horse racing injuries and why do people still do it if there's a chance your million dollar horse will fall? I don't get it. It's a shame for everyone involved. Now it looks like PETA is going to have a field day with this one. We'll have to see what unfolds here. I don't think any amount of alleged cruelty will ever end horse racing. God, I'm such a Debbie Downer right now. It's the meds talking.

Well Townies, I have to get going, but hopefully I feel better to post again soon. Until then. Have a great week.