Wednesday, August 1, 2007

How Many's Too Many?

Beeps and I have a bunch of pets. Our oldest is Zima my 14 year old cat. I got her in college, hence the choice of name. We had another cat, Mojo, but she died suddenly of a heart condition. (I thought for months after her death that I actually poisoned her somehow. But the vet said I didn't so that's good. I'm not a pet murderer.) Then we got Joey six years ago and now we have Leia who you all know so well.

I also have a pond with many fish in it. I've had the pond for about 4 years now. It has to be one of my most favorite things about where we live. It's nice to have room for a garden and a yard. I have spent so much money over the years on that darn pond. Building it, cleaning it, buying bio filters and various pumps, deicers, power, fish, plants. I'm sure the bill tally is somewhere over $1000. The reward though comes around mid summer when the plants are overgrown and the fish are healthy. It's just great. I have two BIG koi and a bunch of goldfish who last year had a zillion babies. One year I even bought tadpoles to see if I could get them to turn into frogs, but no dice. I'm not exactly sure what happened to them. They either died or slithered off.


Anyway, the other day I go outside and I see a jump out of the corner of my eye. To my surprise I find I have a frog who has taken up residence in the pond! I was thrilled! But that wasn't all folks, come to find out he has at least one other friend. I've caught them both sitting on the rocks, in the pond, on the plants etc. I'm so excited to have two new pets, even if they are just here for the season. I mean it only took 4 years for crying out loud!

Anyway, I caught one on camera tonight. Name suggestions welcome!