Monday, August 20, 2007

I Got Pooped On

Hi all, hope you are doing just fine and dandy. After my Friday photo op with Mark Wahlberg, I wasn't sure if the rest of my weekend would hold up. And it didn't. But it did come close. Friday night Beeps and I went to see Rufus Wainwright at the Mann. It was great! I've seen Rufus a bunch of times, but this was the best we had heard him sing. He played for over 2 1/2 hours, did 3 Judy Garland songs and a great rendition of "Put on a Happy Face" in full-on Judy drag complete with tuxedoed band/back-up dancers! It was great. The only thing that went wrong is that at one point during the show, when Rufus was playing an intimate solo, a bird pooped on me. I lost it! I just started laughing and I grabbed Beeps, pointed at my boob and said "I just got pooped on". The people in front of us whipped their heads around with that "be quiet" face. It was great. I mean, as great as it can be when you get pooped on.

Saturday was also fun. Beeps, Leia Darth Maul and I took a drive out to some Animal Planet fair that was going on in Hybernia park. It was lame for adults, but there were tons of dogs and Leia got lots of attention. Later on we met up with Rose and Kook and a had a few drinks on our porch. Later that night Beeps and I went to see "Superbad" it was pretty funny. The best part was the "drawing obsession" scene that you can see by visiting Monkey Daemon. After watching this clip, you can understand why Beeps and I were appalled to find that a family, seated in front of us in the theater, had three young children with them! And by young I mean an 11 year old boy, a 9 year old boy and a girl who was MAYBE 6 years old. We were shocked to say the least. And they sat through the whole thing! I can safely tell you that this movie was chocked full of rotten language and imagery. Perfect for sick adults like us, but not good for the kids.

Sunday we did some food shopping, I did some cooking and then we headed over to our friend Diane's house for a yummy dinner. She made some delicious chicken and a peach pie. We sat an chatted and then Diane sent me her Simpson's avatar:


The evening ended with a viewing of that night's big brother, a snooze and was devoid of anymore pooping accidents.