Sunday, September 23, 2007

Recap of the Boring

Hi all, I've been kinda MIA for a while. I wish I could blame it on my overly demanding social life or the paparazzi or something. But I really have no excuse except for being in a work funk and pure laziness. Let me start with the work part first. Things have been crazy. Without going into details, I'll just say that there were a few difficult moments that tested me. But I'm a better person for it, and I look forward to returning to the awesomeness that I'm accustomed to.

Now to the lazy part. After Big Brother ended in a fireball of disappointment (only because I hated both finalists), I fell into a depression. Sad but true. That's how pathetic I am. I'm hoping the fall season will revive me: Smallville, Survivor, Sunny, Lost, and a few others. I need to feel like I'm back into the swing of things.

I got lazy also in part by the sucky beginning of the Eagles season. WTF? How can we be this bad? I mean there's only 11 games so let's get it together folks! Today was our redemption however, when the Eagles killed the Lions something like 56 to 21. Good times. I got to see some family today too which was nice. My sis had a little picnic where I got to see my big sis, her fab kids and my parents. We had lots of nice food and drinks. I needed that.

The other reason for my laziness is due to my depression cause by sheer poverty. I'm poor. Or as I like to say "poah." Ok, maybe exaggerated a bit, but it still sucks to be counting quarters to buy eggs. I'm serious.

I was talking to my coworker Heather the other day and I was telling her that I was grabbing quarters from my change bowl to buy eggs. So she said "Why don't you just get some from your neighbors?" and my rural girl response, without even thinking about what was coming out of my mouth, was "My neighbors don't have chickens." DUH!

Ok, that's how removed from society I've gotten or maybe it's just this weird farm-girl mentality that I can't shake and never will. Either way, I need to get back in the game and soon before I really lose it.

So I apologize for the lack of posts. I just need more material to blog about and a willingness to do so. Wine seems to help. Until next time.