Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Cup Bitches

So my work is doing this thing where they are posting weird facts on their website about their employees. I jokingly said I had once touched the Stanley Cup as my fun fact. Which is 100% true. However they asked for proof and also wanted to post the proof on their website. Of course I left out the fact that I touched the cup back in 1988. At lunch today I tore the closet apart removing years of luggage and other debris from on top of my large bin of scrap books and photos. I quickly located the picture and I must admit that the proof was even more amazing than I had remembered it.

So how could I keep this gem from my Townies?

Behold:

Check out the $12 ticket from section 47 for a game against Winnipeg March 26, 1988. And yes, that's Dave Brown's lap I'm rockin.

Check out the perm. I'm sure if my legs had been captured on film, you would have seen the perfectly pegged cuffs. I would have preferred having my pic taken with the love of my life and dream husband, Pelle Eklund, but alas, he was stationed behind some counter in the concession area giving out autographs (which I also scored). So I guess Dave Poulin had to do if it meant reaching the real prize: the cup.