Monday, March 10, 2008

Tabhair póg dom, táim Éireannach

My sister, through the magic of the internets, has discovered that we are part Irish. My Grandmother's grandparents, on my Dad's side, are from Ireland. Why she never told us I have no idea. (However, it does explain my drinking.) She always talked about her Dad's side and how they were Pennsylvania Dutch. Anyway, I'm basically a giant mix of a lot of different white folks. Let me run them all down for you:

Dad's side:
German/ Pennsylvania Dutch
Canadian
English
Irish

Mom's Side:
Welsh
English
French

Beeps and I went to Ireland in the summer of 2006 and I kept saying that we were "returning to the homeland" as a joke, by hey, now it's actually real! So in honor of my new found history and this being Irish month, I plan on posting all things Irish this week.

To start things off, here's a great picture of my Grandmother's mom (seated in white hat), sister and her brothers looking very, well, Irish I guess:

Click on the pic for a great close up.


Sláinte