Friday, June 22, 2007

Cha Cha Cha Changes


So a while back my Mom, who gardens like Bob Ross paints, gave me some plants from her garden that she said attract swallowtail butterflies. I said "thanks" politely and placed the plants on my porch. A few days later i noticed 2 very tiny black caterpillars on the branches of one of the plants.

To make a very long story short, i now have a swallowtail nursery on my patio table.

Inside is one chrysalis and one giant worm. He's very pretty and has a serious appetite. Just today i noticed that he completely decimated the dill plant he was on and i had to replace it with another plant. Hopefully in the next few days he too will turn into a cocoon and eventually emerge as a butterfly.

Ok corny, but hey, I'll try to get some pics to share along the way. Name suggestions welcome.