Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Out With The Old, In With The New

Today was a tough day for me. I finally had to let her go. My first new car, the one I bought 11 years ago and my Dad cosigned. My 5-speed, manual, VW Golf. 94,000 miles, 2 sets of tires, 2 exhaust systems, a new starter, timing belt, lighter, passenger side mirror, drivers side mirror, windshield, and lots of love later, the grim reaper of cars has come a calling.

I decided it was time to move on and get a "big girl" car to match my somewhat "big girl" lifestyle. Now its off to the auction block where she'll go to the highest bidder. Goodbye old friend...

In her place Beeps and I got a new 2009 Subaru Forester. (I really wanted to get the Volvo C30 but decided it wasn't practical enough. It was however, a blast to test drive!)

So here's the new car. It's an automatic (so no more calf-cramps sitting in traffic), heated seats, bike rack, huge sunroof, alloy wheels, and overall sweetness.

Our blogger is all grown up.